Saturday, September 22, 2007

Assignment 3: Photo Essay 2

I try out another approach to this assignment, since Mr Reddy said sometimes I think too much, there might be too many things going on. So I try to simple the picture focus and simple. But on another note maybe thinking too much is my style, Arh... kinda influence by my fine arts background back in my JC days.

The photos are suppose to be displayed horizontally, see the compiled version below, you will get the flow of the "change". The main theme is age and its roles. I don't wish to elaborate further, is for the viewer to infer and interpret them =)
(*Updated) Self assessment
I am giving myself 98/100 after I redo this assignment. I felt that this time I tried really hard to incorporate my 'deep' concept with being comprehensive enough for the public. This series is very clear now, black white older things people and objects, while the colored ones are more positive side of life with present setting, how roles are now attached to older buildings, tourist and students and that people now stay in HDBs.



Reflect and the past

Mosque and religion



Old man and his shop


Old man and his job1


Old man and his job2

Job2


Job1


His shop and his tourist

Mosque and excursion

Reflection and the present

5 comments:

Paul said...

hi Jialin,

I think your revised series is great! has a stronger link; you really did a good job in turning the classes critique into a marked improvement. You take lovely shots and I love the flavor in your duo-tone photos...looking forward to see more of your works of art!


cheers!
Paul

michelle said...

yes, i agree with paul. the theme comes across stronger and i think the picture of the excursion looks better than your previous one.

good job.

xuying

Royal Assassin said...

Hi Jialin,

I like your style and your uncanny ability to capture things that might mean little to most people.

ANyway for your photos around Kampong Glam, did you do any post editing? Cost it looks great.

Hope to see more exciting new material. Cheers.

-Han

Royal Assassin said...

Hi Jialin, Where are you taking the digital photography class? I think I wanna join as well.

-Han

Jialin said...

Han- you can't join unless you are studying in NUS ..Oops.. are u?

Paul- thanks .. urs is great too, show the ones in CNM office, Reddy mix the old people and wall photos, there are great combination

Mic- I love your red chairs and construction site shoot, nice colors and concept =)