Saturday, September 1, 2007

Assignment 2: Contrast, Depth, Patterns, Presence

This week the task is to achieve- Contrast (clean whites and colours), depth (should create an illusion of 3d space), presence (should draw viewer into picture space). I love to play with depth of field. I would like to say I am still an infant in photography, not professional. I spent most of my life using compact film and digital camera.

I love food and architecture. I ventured to Little India and SAM Singapore Art Museum. When we talk about little India, how can you resist the spices and great curry! SAM is a great place to be when you wanna get away from the noisy street and immersed in beautiful(subjective) or magnificent pieces of art. In fact you can feel a pin drop.

We were suppose to document all the image details e.g shutter speed, depth of field, aperture etc. I guess I will do it after my final verdict is made (for the ones to be submitted)
own made fish-eye lens =)

Pretty cool - new Laselle SIA (near little India). You guys should take a look and will be ashame of NUS design.
walking into the space...

Interior - juxtaposition of the nature of the (soft)blue sky and the hard metallic building. Can you tell which is the reflection and which is the actual structure?
Interesting patterns formed by two blocks of the school and reflections on the glass.
Reflection of sky on building....I love the zig-zag design and the contrast between the black and the gray metallic pillars

Pattern found on a elephant statue in Little India, show strong contrast with the play of light.

Depth of field 3.5, Onion rings anyone?

I love this picture because it kinda reminded us, how many occasions do we stop and take note of the notices? Also the silence in the small street as represented by the walls with torned papers, contrasts with the noisy street at the background.

Red contrast will the pale or amos monochromatic background. I kinda find this interesting when I took this pic, see the background there are Chinese words while the foreground is a poster in Tamil. This is racial- harmony!

Panning technique (a movement of a film or video camera)

Food! Contrast, details and depth of field. All found along little India.



Framing, notice how an ordinary street may look different from another perspective?


Dinner time ....Muthu's Curry restaurnt. I think Muthu is clever man, he started from a not so appealing little store to now 5-star Indian restaurant. The fish head curry is superd!

I reached SAM! Obviously I didn't take this photo. I admit.








No comments: